Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup Chocolate Chia Milk
- 2 cups flour (use gluten free 1:1 blend if needed)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup oil (vegetable or coconut)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 5 oz Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Grease a muffin pan or place liners into each cup.
- Add apple cider vinegar to a cup and then add Chocolate Chia milk. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, applesauce, yogurt and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients and blend just until combined again; be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups up 3/4 of the way with batter and then place in the oven.
- Sprinkle the other half of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 425° for 8 minutes, then lower temperature to 350° for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Serving: 1 muffin
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Sodium: 163mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 36g | Calcium: 108mg | Omega-3: 65mg