- 1 c (100 g) canned or cooked chickpeas
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp SOW CHIA OIL
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp tahini
- ½ tbsp paprika or red pepper powder
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Cook the chickpeas with enough water, until covered, and a tablespoon of salt for one hour. Once cooked, strain them and reserve ½ cup of the water.
- In a food processor or blender, mix the chickpeas with reserved water for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon CHIA SOW OIL and lemon juice; keep mixing for 3 more minutes.
- Add the tahini, garlic and a pinch of salt, continue blending until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and decorate with the paprika or red pepper powder, the remaining tablespoon of SOW CHIA OIL and the parsley.
Per serving: (2 tbsp)
Total fat: 2.5 g
Omega-3 fat: 1500 mg
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 1.5 g