- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lb (450 g) pumpkin (or butternut squash), peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 lb (220 g) carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup (100 ml) Unsweetened Chia Milk
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juice (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Then add garlic, turmeric, curry powder, chili flakes, and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, carrots, salt, pepper, and stir well.
- Add broth, Chia Milk, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the carrot and pumpkin are cooked thoroughly and are soft. Stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and let cool slightly. Transfer the contents to a blender and purée the mixture until smooth.
- Stir lemon juice into blended soup (optional), then taste and season if necessary.
- Serve soup in individual bowls. Top the soup with toasted pumpkin seeds, croutons and/or extra chili flakes if desired.
Per serving (1 cup):
Calories: 84kcal /Carbohydrates: 19g/ Protein: 3g /Fat: 1g/ Sodium: 56 mg / Fiber:4g /Omega-3: 300 mg