BLACK BEAN BURGERS
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g portobello mushrooms, julienned
- 200 g cooked or canned black beans, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 30 g Chia Booster
- 30 g Chia Flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, add half the olive oil and saute onion and olive oil over medium heat until transparent.
- Then add paprika and cook until blended. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cook until there is no liquid left in the pan.
- Increase flame and cook until everything is very well-browned.
- Add black beans and let remaining water evaporate (30-60 seconds).
- Once all the liquid has evaporated, put everything in a food processor. Do not blend so much; there should be some whole pieces.
- Add the food mixture to a bowl with paprika, cumin, mustard, pepper and salt. Combine.
- Add the egg, protein and flour. Incorporate everything until a dough form that does not stick to your hands too much.
- Divide the dough into 4 and make 4 hamburger patties.
- Cook patties with the rest of the olive oil on both sides.