Apple and Hazelnut muffins
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- ½ cup SOW® Chia Flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup. Canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups apple peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts and hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp SOW® chia seeds
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (brown sugar, all-purpose flour, SOW chia flour, baking soda, clove, cinnamon, and salt).
- Add the oil, whole eggs, and vanilla extract into the mix. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Incorporate the apples, nuts, and chia seeds and mix everything.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups or paper liners, filling each cup about three-fourths full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
: 10 muffins